BS Respiratory Therapy in Mary Chiles College
Mary Chiles College is the first school in the Philippines to offer Respiratory Therapy education. The School of Respiratory obtained its permit to operate in 1980 with Mrs. Josephina N. Escaro as the principal. It was in 2011 when the bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy was first offered with Dr. Percival Pangilinan as the dean.
With its established curriculum, the MCC-RT has given its students the best training and education they deserve. With the expertise of its faculty members headed by Dr. Percival Pangilinan and with the up-to-date teaching facilities and well-equipped skills laboratories, its students feel very confident of getting a good job offer when they graduate.
In addition, the hands-on training the students experience in its own base hospital, Mary Chiles Hospital and in its affiliated hospitals like National Kidney Institute and Cardinal Santos Hospital prepares them to become competent Respiratory Therapists wherever they may be employed.
To date, Respiratory Therapists are still among the most in demand health care providers in the Middle East and in North America. And we are proud to say that many of the Mary Chiles Respiratory Therapy graduates are among them.
What is Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT)
The Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy is a four year program consisting of general health science education subjects and professional subjects. The first and second semesters of the fourth year level is the internship program in an accredited training laboratory with rotational duties in different sections of one or more hospitals such as Pulmonary Diagnostics, General Respiratory Care, Adult Intensive Care Unit, Neonatal and Pediatric critical Care Unit, and Sleep Laboratory.
Objectives of the BSRT Education
- To develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills in the performance of clinical pulmonary care procedures essential to the practice of Respiratory Therapy needed to help the physician in the proper diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases.
- To develop leadership skills, competence, in critical and analytic thinking to advance knowledge in Respiratory Therapy and contribute to the challenges of the profession.
- To uphold moral and ethical values in the service of society and in the practice of the profession.
Specific Professions, careers, occupations or trade that the graduates of these program may go into:
- Clinical Practice: Respiratory Therapist in Hospital Pulmonary Laboratories, Clinics and Sanitaria, Home Care Services, and Emergency Medical Service Practitioner.
- Education: Respiratory Therapy graduates can be employed as faculty in colleges and universities offering Respiratory Therapy program to teach professional subjects and conduct research.
- Respiratory Care Industry: Product Specialist, Sales and Marketing
PERCIVAL P. PANGILINAN, M.D.
AMELIA P. PEJI,RRT
|Mary Chiles College
667 Dalupan Sr (Formerly Gastambide) St.
Sampaloc, Manila, PH
|+63(2) 735-5341 / +63(2) 711-4233
Local: 262, 281, 286